Free PDF Downloads
- Welcome to the Autistic Community (Autistic Self Advocacy Network)
- Secrets of the ADHD Brain (ADDitude)
- Curriculum for Self-Advocates (Autistic Self Advocacy Network)
- The Trans Autist Resource Guide (Neurodivergent Insights)
- Free Neurodiversity Printable Infographics (Therapist Neurodiversity Collective)
- Autism, Girls, & Keeping It All Inside (Autistic Girls Network)
- Everybody Communicates: Toolkit for Accessing Communication Assessments, Funding, and Accommodations (Autistic Self-Advocacy Network)
Neurodivergent-Led Advocacy Groups
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network – ASAN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the autistic community seeking to advance the principles of the disability rights movement.
- Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network (AWN) – AWN is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization with a mission to provide community, support and resources for Autistic women, girls, transfeminine and transmasculine nonbinary and genderqueer people, trans people of all genders, Two Spirit people, and all others of marginalized genders.
- NeuroClastic – “The Autism Spectrum According to Autistic People.”
- Aucademy: Educators of Autistic Experience – “We are a new home for Autistic learning and education of non-autistic people about Autistic experience.”
- Therapist Neurodiversity Collective – International organization focused on education, advocacy, and aligning therapy practices within the neurodiversity paradigm.
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism – “A one-stop source for carefully curated, evidence-based, neurodiversity-steeped information from autistic people, parents, and autism professionals.”
- Reframing Autism – Organization focused on improving Autistic mental health and nurturing Autistic identities through education, research, and advocacy.
- Foundations for Divergent Minds – FDM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization led by multiply-neurodivergent people to ensure equity, access, and fulfilled lives through inclusive, practical, and affirming neurodiversity-based programming and education.
- Autistic Collaboration Trust (AutCollab) – Global hub for Neurodivergent support and advocacy.
- Public Neurodiversity Support Center – Collection of resources based on roles (Neurodivergent, Questioning, and/or Ally) as well as specific neurotypes.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) – Information, Support, and Advocacy for Individuals with ADHD
- ADHD Alien – Comics about the daily struggle with ADHD.
- How to ADHD – YouTube channel featuring tips, tricks, and insights into the ADHD brain.
- ADDitude – an ADHD magazine, community & web site dedicated to strategies and support for individuals and families living with ADD and related conditions.
- ADHD Actually – Worldwide Body Doubling and Co-Working Groups (membership-based)
LGBTQIA and BIPOC
- Autistic Gender and Sexual Divergence Resources – List of resources from Aucademy for intersections of neurodivergence, gender, and sexual identities.
- Twainbow – Organization dedicated to education and advocacy for people under the “double rainbow” of Autism and LGBTQIA.
- The Autistic People of Color Fund – “The Fund for Community Reparations for Autistic People of Color’s Interdependence, Survival, and Empowerment exists to provide direct support, mutual aid, and reparations by and for autistic people of color.”
PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance / Persistent Drive for Autonomy)
- PDA Society – UK-based organization providing information, support, and training about PDA for individuals, families, and professionals.
- Coping Strategies for Adult PDA’ers – Information on self-help and coping strategies for adults from the PDA Society.
- PDA and Sleep – Information and sleep hygiene strategies tailored to the needs of PDA’ers.
- Reframing PDA: The Power of an Autistic Perspective
Identity First Language
- The Significance of Semantics: Person-First Language: Why It Matters
- When Speaking of Disability, Let People Define Themselves
- In The Loop About Neurodiversity: Putting Identity First
- Not an Autism Mom: Parenting… With a Dash of Awareness
- Energy Budgeting and Internal Autistic Realities
- What Really Works for Gifted Kids with ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, or Learning Disabilities
- Learn from Autistics: Connecting Parents and Caregivers with Autistic Voices
- Book: The Real Experts: Readings for Parents of Autistic Children
- Book: What Your Child on the Spectrum Really Needs
- Book: What Every Autistic Girl Wishes Her Parents Knew
Higher Education and Employment
- Neurodiversity Network – Resources for ND job seekers and students, employers and universities, & support of the ND community.
- Mentra: Neurodiversity Employment Network – Hiring platform that matches neurodivergent job-seekers with fulfilling careers.
- Neurodivergent-U – College resource for neurodivergent and disabled students focused on accessibility, inclusion, safety, and critical pedagogy.
- Neurodiversity Employment Network
- Different Brains Mentorship Program
- Exceptional Minds – “Academy and studio preparing young adults on the autism spectrum for careers in animation, visual effects, 3D gaming and other related fields in the entertainment industry.”
- “Unmasking Autism: Discovering the New Faces of Neurodiversity”
- “Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn’t Designed for You”
- “But you don’t look autistic at all”
- 100-ish Books on Autism and Neurodiversity
- 100-ish Books for Adults Exploring Their Own Neurodivergence
- 100-ish Inclusive Children’s Books on Autism and Neurodiversity
- Kinhost – Encouraging Internal Community
- Plurality Resource – Online Education Center “By & For” Plurals and Multiples
- The Plural Association Nonprofit
- More Than One
Local Resources – South Central Pennsylvania
- Neurodiverse Network, Inc. – New 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in July 2022 and focused on providing resources to neurodivergent individuals and families throughout south central PA.
Community-sourced and compiled by Authentic Therapy Services, LLC (2022)